- Salt (Extra Coarse)
- Tri-Color Peppercorns
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Brown Sugar
- Crush or grind peppercorns. Don't go overboard. Leave them at a relatively coarse consistency.
- Combine ground peppercorns with seasonings and brown sugar. Mix to ensure ingredients are evenly incorporated. Set aside 2 tsp of seasoning.
- Cover tri-tip with olive oil then cover tri-tip with generous layer or seasoning.
- Sear tri-tip over direct heat (as hot as possible) on both sides for 2 min.
- Move tri-tip to an indirect heat source and cook until the internal temp. of the thickest portion registers 134 degrees.
- Rest for 20 min before slicing.
- Slice and sprinkle with reserved seasonings.