Top round roast beef sandwich.
Ren+Bos Top Round
- Preheat your grill or smoker to 275F.
- Season all sides of the Top Round with salt and pepper.
- Smoke until internal temperature is 130F.
- Remove from grill and allow to cool.
- Slice or shave thin.
For the Sandwich:
- Ren+Bos Top Round cooked and sliced or shaved thin
- Horseradish or horseradish sauce
- Beef Broth
- Onions sliced thin, caramelized
- Garlic, roasted
- Provolone, Raclette or other melting cheese
- Heavy cream or chicken broth, optional
- Slice the rolls and toast on the grill.
- Slice the onions thin and cook on the grill in cast iron or in a saucepan over low heat until caramelized 25-30 minutes. Mince the garlic and add it to the onions the last 10 minutes of cooking if using the stove, or trim the top of the bulb of garlic and drizzle with olive oil and grill until soft.
- In a saucepan or cast iron heat some beef broth and add the sliced beef to warm it through, 1-2 minutes.
- For the cheese sauce, melt Raclette, Provolone or other melting cheese with a few tablespoons of broth or heavy cream and whisk to make a cheese sauce. Place in cast iron and broil until completely melted, golden, and bubbling.
- Spread horseradish as desired on the toasted rolls.
- Top with caramelized onions and garlic.
- Place the warmed beef on the onion mixture.
- Carefully top with melted cheese sauce, or alternatively place sliced provolone on top of the beef.
- Place the sandwich on a foil-lined baking sheet under the broiler for 1-2 minutes just until the cheese has melted.