Flat iron with marrow butter.
Ren+Bos Flat Iron with Marrow Butter
Flat Iron Steak:
- Ren + Bos Flat Iron Steak
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, oil, or cooking fat
- Pat the steak dry with a paper towel and season all sides as desired with salt and pepper.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Cook the steak for 4-6 minutes before turning over and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until desired doneness. The internal temperature should be 125F for medium-rare, 135F for medium.
- Remove the steak from the pan and allow the steak to rest for at least 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving. Steak can also be cooked on a grill over medium to high heat, turning once and cooking until desired doneness is achieved.
Roasted Marrow Butter:
- 2 Ren + Bos Marrow Bones
- 6 oz unsalted butter, softened
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 5-6 cloves of roasted garlic, chopped
- 1 shallot, roasted and minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley for garnish
- Heat your grill or oven to 400F. Pat the marrow bones dry.
- Place the bones on a foil-lined baking sheet, cut side up. Roast for 20-25 minutes until bones are golden and marrow is softened but not melted. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Roast the garlic and shallots in the oven or on the grill until softened.
- Allow the butter to sit at room temperature until softened.
- When the marrow bones have cooled slightly, scoop out the marrow with a spoon and chop it.
- Add the marrow to a bowl with the butter, zest of 1 lemon, chopped shallot, roasted garlic, a pinch of salt, and pepper as desired. Mix with a wooden spoon or spatula until combined.
- Reserve the marrow bones for serving if desired, and spoon or pipe the marrow butter into the bones. Top with chopped parsley.
Serve with Flat Iron Steak.